- Hand Fans
The Chiang Mai Umbrellas website is powered by clean solar energy.
You too, can reduce your carbon footprint. Switching your site or blog to clean solar energy! It's easy to do. It does not cost much more than dirty energy. We recommend finding a provider with real renewable energy, instead of purchasing so-called carbon credits or offsets.
Contact us if you like to know more about converting your online presence, or proceed directly to our California solar hosting supplier AISO at www.aiso.net. Mention JEDI/Supa sent you!
We actively strive to reduce our carbon foot-print. This is what we've done so far:
To prepare converting our house and workshop to solar energy we have made an energy audit. It showed a few surprises that guided us to immediately reduce our energy use. All regularly used lights are now LED, and our PCs are turned completely off when not in use. This has already made a big difference on its own. Plus
1. We have adjusted our housing and workshop to use natural air, without air-conditioned cooling or heating.
2. We have installed a solar system for our hydroponic system.
3. We have purchased an electric pick-up trike, named "Elmo" for local parts and product transport, custom made for our needs.
4. We have installed a roof-mounted solar water heater.
5. We have planted 1,000 trees on a private piece of land, and later planted another 2,000 trees on another private piece of land.
6. With affordable fully electric vehicles still absent, we have purchased a second-hand hybrid vehicle, for general transport. We call this Prius our "Voyager".
7. We are looking to convert a now lesser used Honda CRV (Gen1) and Mazda Familia 1992 to fully electric (BEV).
Every little bit counts. If we can do it, so can you.