- Hand Fans
The Chiang Mai Umbrellas website is powered by clean solar energy.
You too, can reduce your carbon footprint. Switching your site or blog to clean solar energy! It's easy to do. It does not cost much more than dirty energy. We recommend finding a provider with real renewable energy, instead of purchasing so-called carbon credits or offsets.
Contact us if you like to know more about converting your online presence, or proceed directly to our California solar hosting supplier AISO at www.aiso.net. Mention JEDI/Supa sent you!
We actively strive to reduce our carbon foot-print. This is what we've done so far:
In preparation of converting our house and workshop to solar energy we have made an energy audit. It showed a few surprises that guided us to immediately reduce our energy use. All regularly used lights are now LED, and our PCs are turned completely off when not in use. This has already made a big difference on its own. Plus
1. We have adjusted our housing and workshop to use natural air, without air-conditioned cooling or heating.
2. We have installed solar panels for our hydroponic installation, and for the water pump of our watering system.
3. We have now use an electric pick-up trike, custom made for our local village transport needs, named "Elmo".
4. We have installed a roof-mounted solar water heater.
5. We have planted 1,000 trees, and later added another 2,000 trees on private land.
6. We have purchased a second-hand hybrid vehicle. Nickname Voyager, due to its space-age dashboard and other niftyness.
7. We are looking to convert a now lesser used Honda CRV 1998 and Mazda Familia 1992 to fully electric (BEV).
Every little bit counts. If we can do it, so can you.